Dowdens Pumping & Water Treatment design, supply install and service water treatment solutions for the medical industry.
Renal Dialysis Water
We provide central water treatment plants for the provision of high quality filtered, softened and pathogen-free water for haemodialysis systems.
A typical water treatment plant will include:
- Dual Grundfos Booster Pump Sets - Dowdens Pumping & Water Treatment are major Grundfos distributors in Queensland.
- Dual Bag Filtration with 5 & 1 Micron Filtration - Bag filters are ideal for the removal of sediment, iron precipitate, rust and heavy organics.
- Ultraviolet Disinfection - UV Disinfection provides protection against water-borne pathogens and disease. No micro-organism is known to be immune to UV.
- Water Softening - We use water softeners to decrease running costs and maintenance. A softener exchanges hardness ions for hamrless sodium ions leaving soft water and the reduction of scale-forming minerals.
- Carbon Media Filtration
- Dual Cartridge Filtration with 5 & 1 Micron Filtration
- Secondary Ultraviolet Disinfection
- 0.2 Micron Absolute Filtration on Bypass Loop
We also service the water treatment plants we install.
Our installations include Townsville Hospital, Maryborough Hospital, Innisfail Hospital, Cairns Base Hospital, Royal Brisbane Womens Hospital, Redcliffe Hospital, Bundaberg Hospital and Thursday Island Hospital.
High Purity Laboratory Water
We design and install high purity water systems for laboratories, pharmaceutical, dental surgeries, medial surgeries, autoclaves and humidifiers.
A typical high purity system includes:
- 10 micron carbon block filter cartridge reduces organics, chlorine, and chloramines protecting the reverse osmosis membrane from degradation and premature fouling.
- Reverse Osmosis (RO) membrane removes over 95% of the Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) in the water.
- Ion-Exchange Deioniser removes the remaining 5% TDS and is reduced to approximately 18 meg resistivity.
- A quality monitor displays a green light for good water, or a red light and audible alarm for poor quality water
See our High Purity Water Systems Brochures here.