Customer: Downer EDI Mining Blasting Services
Location: Mount Thorley, NSW
Specifications & Features:
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment have successfully designed, manufactured and commissioned a self-contained Solar Emergency Eye Wash and Safety Shower. The safety station incorporates both safety shower and eye wash facilities, which are supplied from a water tank via a solar powered Grundfos pump.
This unit was designed and manufactured to comply with Australian Standards AS4775-2007.
Dowdens supplied the portable Solar Eye Wash and Safety Shower station to Downer EDI Mining Blasting Services for use at the Rio Tinto Coal Mount Thorley open cut coal mines (located 15km South West of Singleton in the Hunter Valley region of NSW).
Project's Supply Scope:
- Water Tank is insulated with drain valves and fill points
- 1x 190W Solar Panel
- Heavy duty battery pack
- Voltage regulator and power inverter control panel
- Grundfos pressure water pump
- Stainless steel base frame with 'grab rails'
- Eye wash basin and foot-lever action shower head
- Green LED safety light (viewable from 360)
- The station uses the suns energy to charge 6V batteries via 1x 190W solar panel
- This energy is then stored and converted to 240V power which in-turn drives the electric Grundfos pump
- The Power Inverter Control Panel contains the solar charger module and the power inverter module
- The self-contained Solar Eye Wash and Safety Shower station was designed and manufactured to comply with Australian Standards AS4775-2007