Customer: Collinsville Power Station
Location: Mackay, QLD
Specifications & Features:
A cold water extraction pump from Collinsville Power Station was stripped and assessed in the Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment workshop and the following issues were found and recorded:
- The pump's wear rings were worn unevenly indicating shaft run out
- Shaft centre supports and lower support bushes were worn beyond safe tolerance
- Gasket material was missing between the 1st and 2nd stage, indicating the pump housing had spread slightly in the centre
- After casing and cover survey was completed it was confirmed there was up to 0.028" hollow in the casing and 0.026" hollow in the cover - with an average 0.010"
- Impellers worn on ring landings and required machining to suit new wear rings
- Pump shaft had run out on the lower journal
- A foreign was found in 1st stage impeller (plastic drink bottle)
- The 2nd stage impeller hub was severely damaged.