Boiler Feed Pre-Treatment applications
Hardness minerals, principally calcium and magnesium salts are the cause of scale formation inside boilers. If hardness is not removed it can cause localised overheating resulting in tube failure, with a potential explosion risk, and a reduction in the heat transfer to the water. This results in reduced efficiency and substantially increased energy costs.
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment have countless engineered solutions to assist commercial and industrial businesses alleviate hardness issues within their plants and equipment, ensuring they run as economically and efficiently as possible by utilising one of our water softeners.
COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL WATER SOFTENERS:
- Eliminates hardness scale forming in pipework, valves and fittings
- Eliminates the need for use of antiscalant chemicals
- Prevents hardness scaling in UV systems. Most cooling towers employ ultraviolet (UV) disinfection systems. The UV lamps are a heat source and will cause scale precipitation on the quartz sleeve within the UV. If not acid-cleaned regularly, the sleeves may become impossible to remove without damage
RESIDENTIAL AND LIGHT COMMERCIAL TWIN TANK WATER SOFTENERS:
- This is the most efficient and popular softener control
- The softener capacity is calculated from the water hardness and the quantity of softener resin used
- Based on the calculated capacity and the estimated water usage, the softener is programmed to automatically regenerate on the required days
RESIDENTIAL AND LIGHT COMMERCIAL CABINET STYLE WATER SOFTENERS:
- Features an in-built water meter that monitors actual water flow and usage patterns and initiates a regeneration only when required
- Saves salt, water and money compared to timer controlled softeners
- Both models use safe 12 volt power from the wall-mounted transformer supplied